How To Avoid Temptation Bible Verses
(1) Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
(2) Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him. Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God,” for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one. But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire. Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin, and sin when it is fully grown brings forth death. Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers.
(3) For because he himself has suffered when tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.
(4) Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.
(5) Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.”
Bible Verses For Overcoming Temptation
(6) And give no opportunity to the devil.
(7) Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.
(8) For you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness.
(9) And when he came to the place, he said to them, “Pray that you may not enter into temptation.”
(10) Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.
Bible Verses Victory Over Temptation
(11) For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin.
(12) Food is meant for the stomach and the stomach for food”—and God will destroy both one and the other. The body is not meant for sexual immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body.
1 Corinthians 6:13
(13) But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.
(14) And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.
2 Corinthians 11:14
(15) But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband.
1 Corinthians 7:2
Dealing With Temptation Bible Verses
(16) The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life, that one may turn away from the snares of death.
(17) And so in the matter of the envoys of the princes of Babylon, who had been sent to him to inquire about the sign that had been done in the land, God left him to himself, in order to test him and to know all that was in his heart.
2 Chronicles 32:31
(18) Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.
1 Peter 5:8
(19) Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds,
(20) In your struggle against sin you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood.
(21) Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
1 John 4:4
(22) Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you.
1 Peter 4:12
(23) Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body. Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.
1 Corinthians 6:18-20
(24) And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
(25) For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions—is not from the Father but is from the world.
1 John 2:16
Overcoming Temptation Bible Verses
(26) Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, to make you obey its passions. Do not present your members to sin as instruments for unrighteousness, but present yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life, and your members to God as instruments for righteousness. For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace.
(27) For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do.
(28) And he said to them, “Why are you sleeping? Rise and pray that you may not enter into temptation.”
(29) Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God,” for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one.
(30) But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation, into a snare, into many senseless and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction.
1 Timothy 6:9
(31) So that we would not be outwitted by Satan; for we are not ignorant of his designs.
2 Corinthians 2:11
(32) So that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.
1 Peter 1:7
(33) For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me. So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand.
(34) And forgive us our sins, for we ourselves forgive everyone who is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation.”
(35) But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire. Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin, and sin when it is fully grown brings forth death. Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers.
Bible Verses To Stop Temptation
(36) Then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials, and to keep the unrighteous under punishment until the day of judgment,
2 Peter 2:9
(37) Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness. Keep watch on yourself, lest you too be tempted.
(38) Because you have kept my word about patient endurance, I will keep you from the hour of trial that is coming on the whole world, to try those who dwell on the earth.
(39) Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
(40) You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, take care that you are not carried away with the error of lawless people and lose your own stability.
2 Peter 3:17
(41) The end of all things is at hand; therefore be self-controlled and sober-minded for the sake of your prayers.
1 Peter 4:7
(42) No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.
1 Corinthians 10:13
(43) Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.”
(44) For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
(45) And the tempter came and said to him, “If you are the Son of God, command these stones to become loaves of bread.”
(46) So you will be delivered from the forbidden woman, from the adulteress with her smooth words,
(47) For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs.
1 Timothy 6:10
(48) So flee youthful passions and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart.
2 Timothy 2:22
(49) Do not deprive one another, except perhaps by agreement for a limited time, that you may devote yourselves to prayer; but then come together again, so that Satan may not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.
1 Corinthians 7:5
(50) And as for what fell among the thorns, they are those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by the cares and riches and pleasures of life, and their fruit does not mature.
(51) And when the devil had ended every temptation, he departed from him until an opportune time.
(52) For this reason, when I could bear it no longer, I sent to learn about your faith, for fear that somehow the tempter had tempted you and our labor would be in vain.
1 Thessalonians 3:5
(53) Jesus said to him, “Again it is written, ‘You shall not put the Lord your God to the test.’”
(54) And I find something more bitter than death: the woman whose heart is snares and nets, and whose hands are fetters. He who pleases God escapes her, but the sinner is taken by her.
(55) Or can one walk on hot coals and his feet not be scorched?
(56) We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ,
2 Corinthians 10:5
Read more bible verses: